Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We've been busy!





Violet is finally here! She decided to make a grand entry into the world on her own terms. She came the morning of March 15th. My contractions started at 2:30 in the morning and she was born by 3:55am. I kept having the urge to push and knew I wouldn't make it if I had to wait till the babysitter got here. So I told Dave to call 911 and I was wisked away in an ambulance. The hospital is literally down the street. It takes five minutes to get there. Violet decided she didn't want to wait till then and I birthed her in the ambulance! No husband, no epidural, no doctor! I still can't believe how fast it was. Regardless of all of that happened I couldn't be happier! She is a very good baby and I am so happy that I have a girl. Finally pink things, hair bows, and ruffls!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! What an exciting way for her to enter the world. :) No epidural is definitely the way to go!!

RJ said...

I just clicked on your link from Alyson's page and saw THIS! Holy heck girl. That is QUITE the story and hecka fast! Seriously. I have been giggling and saying shut up for like 5 minutes straight, telling my husband and wanting to call Melissa and talk to her about it. Have you seen her new announcement on her blog????:) Glad things are so great for you, have fun and much love, Rachel Walsh Jensen :)

About Me

My photo
El Paso, TX, United States
David and I have been married for twelve years! We have two very funny boys Caleb (10) and Aidan (7) and we added a girl Violet(3)I have been an Army wife since 2004 and feel like I have grown tremendously within that time. It's definately not for everyone but it has helped me to appreciate things more.
Cute background courtesy of The Cutest Blog on the Block