Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My husband and the Inauguration!

Since Dave is in the Army and we live in the D.C. area he had to work. He went in at 2:30 in the morning! I'm not exactly sure what the temp. was that day since I was asleep but I do know it was freezing! What was his job you ask? To stand outside in the freezing weather on the parade route and salute any time the American flag came by. Poor guy was so cold when he got home at 9:00 at night. I'm so glad it's to early for me to go into labor because I'm not sure I would have been able to get a hold of him. I really don't want to have a baby by myself,even though my mom did it,(Aly) It's not something I really want to do.

As far the Inauguration goes I'm glad I didn't attempt to go. There where people everywhere. Like a two mile span of people in freezing weather. No Thank You! I was happy to watch it all unfold on T.V. in the warmth of my house. Although it wasn't the person we wanted to win it was still pretty historic! I only hope he will do good things for this country!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It looked SO COLD on tv...your poor husband! brrrrrr

About Me

My photo
El Paso, TX, United States
David and I have been married for twelve years! We have two very funny boys Caleb (10) and Aidan (7) and we added a girl Violet(3)I have been an Army wife since 2004 and feel like I have grown tremendously within that time. It's definately not for everyone but it has helped me to appreciate things more.
Cute background courtesy of The Cutest Blog on the Block